Whenever someone is angry and confrontational, stand next to them instead of in front of them. You won’t appear as so much of a threat, and they eventually calm down.
- Open with “I need your help.” People don’t like the guilt of not helping someone out. When asking for a favor from someone, begin your request by saying “I need your help.” It greatly increases your chances of getting that favor done.
- Rephrase what the other person says and repeat it back to them.This makes them think you’re listening and really interested in what they’re saying. It makes them feel validated. Obviously, you don’t want to overdo this.
- If you want someone to agree with you, nod while you talk.This gets the other person to nod too, and they begin to subconsciously think they agree with you.
- If someone doesn’t like you, ask to borrow a pencil.It is a small enough favor that they won’t say no, and it gets them to like you more.
- Fold your arms to determine interest.If someone is observing you, they will likely mimic you. Fold your arms, and see if they do it, too.
- Repeat a person’s name many times during a conversation.It helps you remember it, and makes them like you more.
You May Also Like